Our volunteers are the lifeblood of this agency. Their hard work and dedication make our major events so successful and help keep the office running smoothly. We are always looking for volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering for one of the following positions:
Administrative Support: On-site clerical support during business hours at 690 Hale St. London ON. Please include your resume with your application.
Special Events: Various event-based volunteer positions. Our major events include: Purple Day for Epilepsy, United Way Stair Climb, Annual Spring Gala and Social Committee events. You may also have the opportunity to volunteer for smaller Epilepsy Support Centre events. (Location: All regions)
Camp Programs: Summer Camp during July and August. Volunteers provide one-on-one or small group support, encouragement, and mentoring to children with epilepsy as a camp counselor. Volunteers must be 16 and olders, and a valid police check is required. All training will be provided. 2016 Volunteer packages applications, available here. (Location: London)
Classroom Presentations: Volunteers accompany Public Education Coordinators to elementary school classrooms as they educate children about epilepsy and seizure first aid in this year-round program. (Location: All regions)
Web/IT Support: Tech savvy volunteers will help maintain The Centre’s website, social media, and computers. (Location: All regions)
Help sustain Epilepsy Support Centre with a fundraiser.
You’ll make a difference in the lives of people affected by epilepsy in your community.
Looking for fundraising ideas?
- Run a Penny Drive or Coin Drive.
- Put together a purple themed bake sale.
- Hold a walk-a-thon, read-a-thon, dance-a-thon, or Bunny Hop.
- Organize Purple Dress Down Day at your school, office, or a local business. Everyone makes a donation to participate.
- Collect pledges to dye your hair purple.
- Set up a Thumbs Up for Epilepsy booth and collect donations from participant
Consider donating your used car to Donate A Car Canada
- Donate A Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Epilepsy Support Centre. They provide free towing in many areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your RV, boat, motorcycle or other vehicle to Epilepsy Support Centre through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction depending on its condition, age and location. Donate A Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for your Charity to benefit. After your Vehicle Donation is complete, Epilepsy Support Centre will send you a tax receipt.
- For more information, or to donate, visit the following page.